Sunday, October 28, 2012

IMPORTANT Ramblings


Life is short.
I'm 46.
Not at all what I envisioned 46 would be like either.
My children aren't even teenager's yet.
SHIT!
LIFE all of the sudden, it feels like life been short when you put some perspective on it...like your age!
What the hell have I been doing?
Can't say I've been on a "career" path.
Why does it have to be a career path?
How about a journey?
I've been tasting life!
Meeting people, building my book of memories.
Does it matter?
Up until the last few years--it didn't really.
I went along doing whatever was necessary to eat, drink & BE happy (or coming out of some grade of depression).
This last decade plus has been raising children...
Running a business.
Watching the economy & those trying to predict it.
Experiencing society morals & values tank!
Listening to all the excuses & reason why.
Many days I wish I were more like the ant & could just follow along in suit.
You know...be able to work for the man. The corporation. Have a boss.
Not be the boss.
Not be the decision maker.
Not be the authority on EVERYTHING!
Although, that's what I am.
That's what I do.
That's how I work.
I am most comfortable being the ultimate authority in getting my ass into hot-water. I don't miss the ass-in-hot-water-bullshit because of some other asshole who makes more than you.
(Husbands & business partners are excluded from this rational)
I think when we look back, life does look short.
The world is small.
And I've been pretty damn blessed.
When we look forward, some days I can't see how the hell I'm gonna get dinner on the table.
But I think the basic cruxes of living is to say what you need to say.
I'm from Minnesota.
We stuff & seethe.
When I heard Garrison Keillor point that out on Prairie Home Companion, it was shocking!
He was right!
Blanket that with Minnesota nice...& now you know why we live on comfort food.
Casseroles came from Minnesota you know. 
(At this point, you should be pronouncing your "o's" with a long over-enunciation sound)
Most people that know me, have found me to NOT be a stuffer or seether.
In fact, I will voice an opinion for the friend who can't find the voice themselves.
I blurt out their inability to be courageous & say, "he was a real dick!"
Doesn't mean he's a dick 24/7. But this time, yeah,he was a dick.
I said it.
It's out there.
Do you feel better now?
No.
Now they are scared of retaliation.
Good god!
Seriously?!
Someone once warned me: "Don't say anything out loud you don't want repeated."
HE'S A DICK!!
Here, let me make this even easier...."Bob. You're being a DICK! As to say, you're not always a dick, but currently you are behaving like a dick." Or the harsh reality of, "Bob, your just a big fucking dick most of the time." Either way, I say it...well, usually. I am Minnesotan remember! I do have the option of stuffing & seething at will.

I got to thinking about unspoken words, time being short & what's important that I haven't said. Shit the I've stuffed---like more than I thought. There are days I have to work with my paint crew. It's in that time I get to do nothing but think. I thought, if I died, was there anything I really wanted to say? Were there any thoughts that I stuffed & have seethed  that I should just get out there & let it go?
HELL YEAH! I surprised myself.

TRAFFIC--are you kidding me? Grown adults get into a multi-ton piece of machinery & do more while moving at high rates of speed than they do in their own homes! I truly don't need to elaborate on this one. I mean just today I saw a guy who didn't scrap his frost off, racing to work,  drinking coffee, talking into his phone or singing to the radio (who knows) SHAVING at the stop light! Um...yeah, I want to be near him on the road. BE PRESENT PEOPLE!

The more convenient our world becomes, the more dependent we become. The more garbage we create. The less connected with our planet were we continue to live. 

Everyone should be able to name at least ONE bird singing in the morning before they even start their day.

PRIORITIES:This is a hard one. This requires critical thinking & self restraint.

HOPE: Never leave home without it.

PLEASE!! For the love of God, put your fucking grocery cart in the cart corral!!

Being a pedestrian does not mean you have the right-of-way anywhere you walk.

Traffic--the transference of our stuffing & seething.

Did I mention grocery carts?

Just because you can give birth to a child DOES NOT mean you should have a child. Producing the child is the easy part. RAISING them as a member of society is completely another!

Pets require personal & social responsibility..."but they were so cute!?", is a stupid person talking.

Be a good neighbor.

Give blood.

PRAY to what you believe in--it's your belief.

If you see children selling Kool-Aid or cookies or whatever...STOP! and support their innovation. These children have an innate drive to blaze their own trail...to not validate those remarkable efforts squanders future progress & adds to the division of class.

AGAIN, JUST BECAUSE you can create children, DOES NOT mean you have the skills or ability to raise them.

Neighbors can make every day fucking miserable if your don't set your precedence from the moment you move in. With that, get to know your neighbors & neighborhood watch captains--the city approved them as the voice of your neighborhood...you should know their position.

If you dump it in the street gutter, it gets carried away into our rivers & streams.

Can you re-purpose, re-cycle, re-use, re-define something instead of dumping it into a landfill?

Walk with your head up, not looking at the ground. (unless the terrain dictates differently)

Buy the best dog & cat food from a specialty feed & pet store...they hardly poop because their food is so nutritious--it's the closest they get to fresh! 

Put your grocery cart in the cart corral!

You still have to STOP! when turning right on a red light! 

No matter how big or small--no day should go by without a random act of kindness.

The air you breath & water you drink are the direct result of how you live your life. IT'S NOT SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT!

The bible is only one history book.

An education isn't complete without art, music & home economics.

OK...I have to go back to traffic....PEOPLE! Learn to F**King DRIVE!!

Learn to truly understand LOVE.

Should-a, Could-a, Would-a, is our human nature being afraid. Our instincts out of whack!

FORGIVENESS is the playing field leveler of all time.

Life is better with coffee,  ice cream & lean red meat.

If you can't find ONE blessings in your day, go back to bed & start over.

Technology WILL NEVER replace the relationship of the reader & a book in hand.

Someday women will be the majority in board rooms & politics...OH MY!

Eat real things, like SUGAR & BUTTER! Oh & beer is good.

Get three estimates if you are concerned about price & value.

I don't think I can die now, because quite frankly I have just to much to say. To much unspoken. To much to get out there that may light a fire under somebodies ass or motivate them to think differently or just because I have something to say that's interesting. If nobody listens & I only have my voice to settle in with, I will have to be still with whom I am & LOVE that whom that I am.

My unspoken, is now spoken, to the whom that I am.
TA-DA & to be continued....













No comments:

Post a Comment