Sunday, March 18, 2012

PAY ATTENTION...geez


I know someone who always follows their ramble with, "does that make sense?" So, not only do I have to be responsible for what I was saying, but now I HAVE TO understand everything they were saying?..geez.


I've learned that so often, more than not, friends or business associates really don't want your opinion, they just want your attention. For you to listen. To listen enough, that your following in case they actually throw into the conversation, "well what do you think?" or "don't you agree?" 


Shit! )
Think fast! 


"Well I wasn't quite clear on the last part?!"


OR


"Oh, I just want you to be (happy, completely resolved, relieved...a verb that fits the conversation), all the while offering the repeating non-verbal gesture of empathy...unless your on the phone, then it would be the nonsensical noises...uh-huh, yah, oh!, really?, oh yes, mmmmmm, oooohhhh!.


This is for those days that I'm just, to, tired, mentally, physically or spiritually. Otherwise I make the truest effort to be present & engaged in the conversation. 


BECAUSE....
KARMA will kick your ass every single time!! 


This does not mean if for some ADHD reason, which I am prone too, if I drift off, get distracted or loose interest, am I responsible for you understanding what I am saying & vice-versa. See how cool that is? You get off the hook too!


So now that we have cleared that up, I don't have to ask you "does that make sense?" Because, well, it's your job to understand. 


What a load off my shoulders....

No comments:

Post a Comment