Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Boat


She never said the stillness could hurt--
                                                                      Inside at least.
                                                                      She only said, that the void of waves had a soothing 
                                                                        affect.
      The mist blanketed me, 
I was melding into the curve of the hull.
                             There were faint sounds, but I 
                                                couldn't make them out,
                                        or to which direction had they come.
My light shone bright.
making up for my sorrowful heart--
a heaviness, like the air.
                                         To that,
   I think it was the clouds that had come down.
         They do that you know...
                                                     when you need to see things differently & refuse to respect the
                                                   order of things.
                                    They drop down & make the world obscure of its color,
                                               it's life & all that entails--
                                                                                          to whoever is participating.
                                                                     Some just go along, with the ebb & flow of the tide.
                                Others like me, attempt to control, direct...define the circumstance.

      hhhhmmmm...hhhmm...hhm...hhhmm.......
                                                                                     hhhmmm....hhmm...hhmm......

I find myself humming effortlessly...
a meditative state like no other.
                                    My pain fades.
                                                              I smile.
                                                                           I look so peaceful floating in my boat....
                                                              ......oblivious to the ebb & flow....
                                                                                                    ....as I go.

Away, with the clouds....
the light burns out & the wind whistles through the cracked lamp glass.
And there the raven dwells,
                                      peering at its reflection. He is the alarm to those who see this boat
                                        adrift....weighted with a death.
                                                                        Dusk, casts color over my soul & flickers in its 
                                                      beams on the water. The raven drops his stone.....
                                                        I am now meerly ripples.

The boat & light & sounds are all so distant now....I can barely
              make them out.
                                             I will continue my rest....as I ebb & flow to another world.


                                                                 




No comments:

Post a Comment