Friday, August 17, 2012

See the rainbow?


I
was
told
to 
get 
back
to 
my 
seat
pay
attention
...
BUT,
said,
"there's
a
rainbow
outside!"
I
was 
then 
told
to 
raise
my 
hand
next
time
had
something
to 
share
with 
the
class
...
SO,
I
raised
my 
hand.
...
"Yes,
Elizabeth,
what
is
it?"
I
said,
"there's
a
rainbow
outside!"
was 
then
told
that
the 
rainbow
had
nothing
to
do 
with
the 
lesson
at
hand.
...
...
...
...
again
raised
my 
hand.
"Yes
Elizabeth."
I
wondered
how
she
could
not 
even
take
a
moment
to
enjoy
the
rainbow.
said,
"but
rainbows
are 
nature's
way
of 
bringing
joy
to 
the
world!
And
it's
a
joy
to
be 
in
class
also
get 
to
see
rainbow!
Isn't 
it
beautiful?"
The
room
snickered
the
teacher
exasperated
said,
"why
yes
Elizabeth,
it
is
a
joy
to
be
in 
class."
...
"AND,"
....
said,
"to 
see
rainbow!"
...
....
.......
I
can't
remember
what 
class
that
was.
BUT,
I
can
still
remember
that
rainbow. 
I
can
still
remember
sitting
in
that
classroom
looking
out 
the 
window
...
staring
at 
that
beautiful,
brilliant, 
rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment