Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prose of One More...


ever have one of those days?
ever feel like just one more?
ever wonder how you ended up in your children's tree house?
oh yeah...just one more.

I dig through the utensil drawer (I need dividers or an drawer organizer)
SHIT! 
where's the fish? (circa 1967 fish shaped bottle opener, passed down-3rd generation)
I open an ice-cold Corona Light.
AAAAAHHHHHHH....now that tastes good....
There I stood.
Looking out my back door.
My children were killing each other, 
the house was completely destroyed,
I have like 5 ba-zillion loads of laundry to haul up from the basement,
only to turn around & wash 10 ba-zillion loads more.
The dog is standing behind me whining because i'm standing at the back door, 
she thinks I am going to let her out (fat chance big girl!).
I'm going downstairs to my office...
The phone is ringing, 
my email has some 6000+ unread messages, 
the RSS feed is overflowing, 
AND...
how many newsletters have I subscribed to?
The cell phone went dead, 
as I'm sure that is why the home phone is ringing off the hook now! 
Did I mention laundry yet?
The children got quiet...
...can't be good.
If I go up there, I'l have to haul another load of laundry,
and pass the sink full of dishes. ugh.
shit!
It's REALLY quiet...
fine. 
But I'm NOT taking a load this trip up.
I need a completely different reason for going up.
It's an emergency!
I don't have time to waste carrying a load of clothes.
Yeah. That's it.
.............
...............
.................
. . . . .  . . . . . . . . .
NO WAY!
They are all on separate pieces of furniture,
each with their own blanket,
watching Sponge Bob with the volume turned down?!
The volume is ACTUALLY TURNED DOWN?!
sssshhhhh....just back up!
They never saw you, right?
Go back to what you were doing.
SHIT!
What was I doing?
CORONA LIGHT.
Half-way down the steps...
PECK! PECK! PECK! (aka MOM! MOM! MOM!)
really?
They never saw me.
Just a minute!
Mommy's bringing up laundry!
Aaaahhhh....I just bought myself 5-10 minutes.
Finishing my Corona. 
smiling.
PECK! PECK! PECK!
ALMOST DONE FOLDING!!
That's it!
I'm having just one more.
THEN I haul up the laundry.
But I'm not doing the dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment